SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrseldoo

Should I let mom make DS a Christmas Stocking?

mrseldoo
16 years ago

Okay here is the story. Please forgive me as this prob. more chatty than quilty!

My mom wants to make my son (18 months) a Christmas stocking. She is very new to quilting, and has bought a TON of fabric and supplies. She has yet to actually sew a quilt yet; she has had the squares cut for months.

She purchased a large Thomas stocking panel from Walmart. The stocking is like three feet. She basted it with backing, and batting the same size as the stocking. She used huge safety pins and basted about every 5-7 inches. She wants to hand quilt it.

Now my issue is not that I am worried it will look "perfect" just that it will get done. She has a history of procrastinating things.

I have just made five stockings for family members, and I thought of DS' store bought stocking. I felt bad that I had made even my SIL's finance a stocking and not my son. I even have everything to make it except the fusible fleece.

I wasn't sure also whether my mom is going to keep the stocking at her , since it is only 30 min. away and we will visit on Christmas.

So, you see this is complicated! I really want to make my son a stocking but I don't want to hurt mom's feelings either....

Thanks for listening,

Jen

Comments (8)