SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19722038

Just Checking In

10 years ago

Yes, I've been gone from posting although I have lurked all the time. I left off posting when they added the facebook and pinterest stuff but have decided that as long as I don't post any more photos why not participate? I was really mad when I was Googling images of 5 pointed stars one day and found one of my photos in there that I didn't put there and so it obviously wound up there via someone else's efforts.
But anyway, we've already hashed all that out before.
So my newest quilt activity has been: I submitted one of my quilts to the local Historical Museum for their annual quilt exhibit and they accepted it. They had it for the whole month of July. It was the first time I had visited this place since I've been living here and the place is very interesting. Most of the quilts were vintage but they welcomed any type of quilt so I lent them the "Tree of Life" applique that I did last year.
My DIL's mom brought me 9 Walmart shopping bags - (the blue reusable ones) stuffed FULL of fabric that she had been collecting for the past few years!!! That was 2 weeks ago and I am still prewashing and storing it. This last bag is all blue and that's the part I'm really going to have a hard time squeezing into it's space in the closet since I already have a lot of blue. I am really set for some quilting. They are all colors and sizes. I warned her that if and when she ever retires she is going to regret this but she insisted. She gave me a bunch last year, too and I made her a quilt for Christmas in return. I have been sitting on an Amish-style quilt for my Grandson, all it needs is binding. I really need to finish that and get it out of here. I made it with black background with squares of different colors throughout and although I used several different colors it isn't colorful enough for me since I have gravitated to lots of colors in a quilt over the last year. But you might recall I am really anal about working on more than one project at a time so I've got to bite the bullet and get this drab thing done so I can plan and play with all this wonderful fabric!!!

Comments (6)