SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Vinyl Cherries Tote!

K8Orlando
12 years ago

Last Wednesday night I decided to try a simpler project with the vinyl I ordered, before I start my attempt to make a backpack. I've never sewn with vinyl before so I didn't know anything about how my machine would handle it or if it would be difficult to work with. Turns out the machine handles it fine but it is a little tricky to handle.

It only took one evening to make this tote. Honestly, I love it! I used it on Thurs and Fri to carry my work stuff - including my purse and a pair of shoes - and I received dozens of compliments on it. Today I'm using it at the Farmers Market and I'm looking forward to carrying it at the next quilt show (Sept 24th in Jacksonville FL) to stuff lots of new purchases into.

It's big: about 19" wide by 13" tall and 7" deep. The outside is all vinyl, in two different prints. The inside is (more) cherry fabric in a regular quilting cotton. The strapping is 1.25" nylon from the Seattle outdoorsy on-line store. I didn't go all the way around with the strapping because I don't expect to carry too much weight in it and the vinyl is pretty strong by itself. I can add more strapping if it becomes an issue.

I added a little bag inside just big enough for keys and credit cards. Like Marsha's teenage friend who wanted bling on her quilt, I love the bling so I added a big button and used big beads from a broken bracelet on the ties. Then I sewed a broken lizard pin on it too.

What do you think?

Kate

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)