SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Searching for Perfect Purse/Handsome Handbag/Terrific Tote

caroline94535
13 years ago

Does my "perfect" purse exist?

I'm exasperated. I've been searching for my version of the "perfect" purse/handbag/tote for about six years now.

Enough already; I need this purse now!

My "perfect" purse must...

1. Be black, without embellishments. It can be made from soft leather, micro-fiber, or heavy canvas. I do not want vinyl or anything flimsy.

2. Be plain; don't care a whit about "style."

I do not want "decorative" zippers, snaps, grommets, pleats, plackets, fringe, or buttons that make me look like a Biker Babe or a relic from the 70s; it's not a bad style, it's just not my style. (And I am a relic from the 70s!)

3. Be large by today's standards, but not saddle-bag size either.

I need to carry a blood sugar kit, meds, make-up, two to three small notepads, large wallet, paperback book, gloves, a large eye-glasses case, cell phone, GPS unit, energy bars, etc. etc. etc.

4. I want the top of the purse to zip closed. I don't want to drop the purse and have all my items skidding across the floor. I don't want to look down at the purse and see anything except the closed, secure zipper.

5. Compartments, and more of them. And not tiny, short pockets sewn into thin lining material.

I want to open the top zipper and look down into at least three separate compartments. There should be a full-size zippered compartment in the middle with open, full-size compartments on either side. The outer sides of the two open compartments should have zippered pockets and cell phone pockets big enough to actually hold my cell phone.

There's always a dog training whistle in my purse. It needs a dedicated pocket.

6. A place for an eyeglasses case. A big eyeglasses case. If I'm wearing my regular glasses, the sunglasses are in the case. If I'm wearing the sunglasses, the regular glasses are safely tucked away.

7. Dedicated pockets large enough to hold the cell phone and my keys. I like to always put my keys in the very same spot in my purse.

8. The purse should have outside pockets, too. And at least one of them should have a zipper. It should hold a thickly-stuffed business-size envelope easily.

9. Have a light colored lining.

I like to be able to "see" inside my purse. I can't see into a black hole. The lining needs to be light colored. Taupe? Grey?

1. One handle big enough to carry over my shoulder or crooked on my arm. I wouldn't pass it by it if had two handles, but I prefer one.

- - - - -

Everywhere I go I search for this perfect purse. The closest I've come to "finding" it was when I honed in on a large lap-top computer case/brief case item. It was too big in some ways, and still didn't have enough compartments.

If I ever find this "perfect" purse, I'm purchasing six of them on the spot.

Comments (31)