SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boopsie_gw

What floor tile and backsplash look best with Mombasa granite?

boopsie
14 years ago

Please help me out! I cannot decide on a floor tile that would look best with Mombasa granite! I don't want to go with a floor tile that is too light because I don't want to constantly have to clean a light grout color. I also want to purchase porcelain tile--not ceramic. I also can't seem to choose a blacksplash that would look good with this granite! I like tumbled marble--but what color of it should I pick? My kitchen cupboards are an ugly orangish-yellow oak. We are going to have a professional painter paint them. That's another dilemma. What color of paint would look best with Mombasa granite (beige?) Should the painted cupboards match the color of the backsplash? I would rather be sitting in a chemistry or physics class rather than having to try to figure all of this out! I am going absolutely nuts with these decisions. Part of the problem is that the store doesn't have a sample of the granite for me to bring home. I have been trying to match tiles to the granite slabs that are in a warehouse with horrible lighting. Honestly, even if I could take a sample of Mombasa home with me, it would still be difficult for me to make these decisions. Anyway, anyone out there that can help me out----please do! I had hoped to have all these decisions made by last week! THANK YOU!

Comments (6)