SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

LOTTO - July 2013

toolgranny
10 years ago

Okay, I'm thinking red, white and blue for July. I'm also thinking that would make a great block to turn into a Quilts of Valor donation in honor of our veterans. What do you think?

Let's make our block plan to be a donation, to a cause or to a winner. Either way, it can make a scrappy quilt for your favorite veteran or you can contribute to a cause and the winner can just donate the blocks to their local organization. Whatever you would like to do with them, I am hoping a few of you donate a block to the cause even if you would rather keep your name out of the drawing and not be bothered.

It's our Disappearing 9 Patch:

Make a 9 patch out of 5" squares of red, white and blue. It can be in an organized fashion like the sample or just random. Cut your 9 patch apart horizontally and vertically and sew the quarters back together to form a different look.

Follow the rest of the lotto rules as previously posted:

1. with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
2. if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)
3. all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing
4. you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Blocks are mailed to Valarie who will arrange the drawing at the end of the month. If you need her address, find her littlehelen name on a previous lotto and send her (or me) a msg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilts of Valor

Comments (32)