SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

LOTTO - December 2013, last block of the year!

toolgranny
10 years ago

Yes, I do have a calender and yes, I know it's still November. But, with the holiday season coming our way, I thought some of you might want a chance at a head start. And, this is one of my favorites!

With a black background, I used the bright batik fabrics I love but you can easily use any solid black with bright fabric and it will look lovely. It's a contrast thing and will make up a beautiful quilt or wall hanging. This is the North Wind pattern, a 12" block, link below.

It's a bit tricky getting the triangles to come out just right with a 1/4" seam allowance above the points but you'll get the hang of it. I ripped out my first so don't feel bad if you have to as well. It does have waste as the HSTs use five and pattern has you cutting six. The large triangle has you cutting a square in half on the diagonal and throwing away the other half. So, I made them in pairs to use up what I could. That made four blocks and I think we'll make a special this month. If you make four to get the blocks to come out, you may enter four and have four chances, THIS MONTH ONLY. Hope you like it.

Otherwise, the usual rules apply:

1. with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks.

2. if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just makes it more interesting for the winner).

3. all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

4. you will have 1, 2, 3 or 4 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Blocks are mailed to Valarie who will arrange the drawing at the end of the month. If you need her address, find her "ittlehelen" name on a previous lotto and send her (or me) a msg.

Happy sewing and have a wonderful holiday season.

Here is a link that might be useful: North wind block pattern

Comments (31)