SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehs20815

DC/MD folks, your favorite granite yard?

ehs20815
16 years ago

Hi All,

My kitchen is completely gutted and my cabs are going in hopefully in about 18 days. About a month ago, I visited Avanti, Bramati, Marva and Stone Surfaces. I fell in "like" with some White Fantasy Quartzite at Avanti but then fell in love with some dark veined Carrara at Stone Surfaces.

I later read some concerning stuff on this board about Stone Surfaces that made me rethink buying from them.

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I slipped and broke a bone in my foot, and will be on crutches for 6 more weeks.

Between trying to keep up with my young kids, not being able to access my temporary kitchen (can't safely get down to the basement), and generally taking forever to do even the simplest tasks...well...it doesn't look good for me to do a thorough look through all the yards, let alone do so while lugging around the obligatory tile and door samples.

My thinking is that there are other TKO GWers who have visited every major yard and can provide some advice on which 2 (because they are all far apart, I can't drag my poor mother to any more in good conscience--DH will be busy shuttling the kids around) are worth the extra effort to visit.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

FWIW, I am interested in a dark veined white marble or quartzite, plus a black soapstone.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County