SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
royal729

help - climbing roses for md, va, dc

Royal729
12 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to roses and I need some help. I started with Knockouts but i've since been intrigued to try different types of roses. I've been stalking this site trying to determine which climbing rose would be suitable for the hot, humid summers in Maryland. I want something disease resistant, continually blooming, shade tolerant (I have shade in the morning and afternoon sun) and easy to train. I love the look of the Romantica blooms. I have been considering Eden and Aloha but when I look them up on the forums i hear that Eden is a once bloomers and Aloha won't do well. I live in a townhome and these climbing roses would be in the backyard along my fence. The overwhelming responses to Austins seems to not be good. Since i am not big on space i am worried about buying a house eating rose. I did buy a Climbing America from Home Depot recently (before i found out what full sun actually means)but i have since researched and found out the benefits of buying own root roses. I planned on ordering from HeirloomRoses but i have no idea which one to pick. Can you all help me out? I was interested in buying 2-3 roses.

Comments (10)