SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

How to find the perfect house

marys1000
16 years ago

Intellectually I know that I should not consider buying a house here. Not sure how long I'll be here, know I won't retire here (10 years), dying rust belt city.

But its hard not to consider. So I am in the market both for a nice little house to rent or perhaps the absolute no kidding perfect house to buy.

I do not want to sign up with a realtor. If you need the long explanation about why I can provide it but I don't see why and its really not the point.

I look at the mls frequently on my own and haven't seen anything remotely "perfect" yet. I'm fairly convinced that this area was developed in such a way that it may not exist.

Looking for a rental is harder. There isn't that much advertised. I think real estate agents do property management on the side here and a lot is word of mouth. I would really like to find a close approximation of the perfect house and rent long term. If the house is a close compromise, maybe I can feel like I no longer have to look to buy.

Would it be.....rude?....ignored? to send out sort of mass e-mailing listing my requirements to various real estate agent office's in town? I believe most have some sort of generic business email. I realize I will likely get a lot of REA's trying to sign me up but I can deal with that.

It seems to be the most economical way. Either that or call each office, ask who does property management, talk to a bunch of individuals who f course want you to rent something available now versus later.

I don't think people get how much I want what I want. I am not going to settle. If nothing is out there now I'm willing to wait.

Worth a shot?

Mary

Comments (10)