SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyangel23_gw

Living areas paint color--BM Thunder or Smoke Embers?

Skyangel23
9 years ago

In our new build, the living room/kitchen/dining/and family room all blend into each other, so they will all be one color. We will have a lot of natural light, with warm off-white cabinets, wood floors a walnut gray/brown (color to be determined still), not reddish though.

All the colors we've sampled so far seem too beige/tan/brown, especially at night, such as Himalayan Trek, Stone Harbor, and SW colors like Requisite Gray and functional Gray.

I want a true warm gray that still reads mostly grayish, but isn't too gray or cold and will go w/ creamy off-white (not too yellow, but not stark white). I like both Thunder and Smoke Embers. Smoke Embers seems a little warmer/a tad more brown, maybe, while Thunder is a rich gorgeous gray. San Antonio Gray is nice but seems darker.

I really like blues as an accent and in a few other rooms, either pale misty grays with a hint of blue, or darker, smoky gray-blues.

We wanted to paint the doors a rich brown-black, like SW Urbane Bronze, but if we go more gray, maybe a deep charcoal would work better. We will get new furnishings so I can adapt there. I just want it to still be warm and inviting and not clash w/ the cabinets or trim, which has a hint of warmth and is not stark white either.

Has anyone used either of these colors or have any advice on whether one or both of these would clash or read too cold? Thanks!

Comments (12)