SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mareda

FSBO Questions

mareda
9 years ago

Greetings all. I hope I didn't miss this in going through the tips threads, but I have a question. I am planning to put my home on the market and would like to get some CMA's. My first inclination is to contact some agents and tell them the truth, that I would like to sell my home myself and let them know I'm willing to work with them (hopefully negotiating a lower percentage, but I'll save that for later). But one person I know said she wouldn't do that because the agent might lowball it in order to make it work for one of his or her clients. Thoughts? And is there a better way to approach this? It's an uncomfortable request since I'm not planning to use their services.

Also, every one of my neighbors is telling me to leave a note up asking people to take off their shoes once inside the house. They've all heard or had horror stories because people don't treat others homes the way they do their own. I'm hearing in some cases it doesn't even seem like they wiped their feet and probably walked across a wet lawn to get to the front door. I know this has been debated here and different people have different opinions, but how tacky is the request? I guess I can live with a little tacky but horrendously tacky, I'm not sure about....lol.

Finally, are there any other sources for signs besides vistaprint that I should look at?

Thank you for any guidance you can give.

Comments (19)