SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittone2

Paint interior of my front door?

brittone2
12 years ago

A spinoff of my search to find a nice (neutral?) paint for my foyer...

We have mid toned wood trim in our colonial, and it is staying for now (DH really wants to keep it; I'm trying to live with it for a few months as we've only been here since February). Exterior of door is red, interior is just white and it looks a bit unfinished to me. I have wood doors throughout the house, but the interior of the front door is just white, and then trimmed with medium wood molding. I like black interior doors, I think white trim and wood doors can look good, and white with white is fine...but I have the dreaded "framed picture" look going on with the front door.

I have blue slate in the foyer, running into the kitchen.

RIght now to the right and left of the entry in the foyer are the DR and study, both painted BM Subtle.

Should I paint the interior of the door? It also has the panels with sidelights (glass is only half of the panel).

When I have the door open during the day, the red (of the exterior part of the front door) looks interesting with the blue slate.

WOuld you paint it? I assume I should try to get rid of the "picture frame" effect...the wood is staying for now. It is the only door where trim surrounding it does not match the color of the door, so the only one in the house with the "frame" thing going on.

Comments (3)