SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chelle69_gw

Virtual tour and photos - do I need a do-over?

15 years ago

You all gave me some honest advice in my last post.. and I promise not to turn this one into an 80-reply to-do :D

So mistake #1 was we did our photos and virtual tour too soon. We had them done back in April, 2 months before the house was even listed. The grass was still brown, and there were no flowers in the gardens yet. The exterior photos just look yucky.

As for the inside, I had 'tidied' for the pictures, but I really hadn't de-cluttered. As you can see from the photos, I have crap pretty much everywhere, LOL.

Here's the virtual tour from our MLS listing. If you click "Photo Gallery (Large)" you can see all the pics.

They're kinda bad. Some of the things I've changed SINCE those photos were taken are:

- Planted flowers and done landscaping

- Removed the bench from the foyer

- Removed the gaudy floral film from the sidelights at the front door and added white lace sheers

- Removed spice rack, can opener and 300 bottles of CRAP on top of the microwave *blush*

- Removed some of the more obnoxious wall hangings from my daughter's bedroom

- Removed family photographs on walls and replaced with generic ones.

I've started taking some new photos and compiling them on a page, and I'm going to run them by my agent to see if we can get some of the ones on MLS replaced.

It rained all day today, but if it's sunny tomorrow I'll get out and take some of the outside. My gardens and lawn are filled in so nice now, and I think the frontage is a selling feature we should show off.

Any thoughts/advice? Is it worth doing over, and are the first ones as bad as I think they are?

Thanks!

Comments (4)