SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Dining room storage ideas

igloochic
14 years ago

I wanted opinions on options in my dining room pretty please?

The room is long and narrow....well not even long LOL Just narrow. I have a table (rectangle) centered on the chandelier, and a china cabinet at the end in what is really the only space for one (because with chairs, there's no room to slide your chair away from the table if you have pieces on the side. The other end of the dining room is a walkway so I can't put anything there.

I added the storage for my venetian glass in a recessed wall cabinet and it holds quite a bit. My china cabinet is SO FULL of stuff and really, I have so much more that I have no room to store. I think eventually we'll have a custom piece built for the area but right now I don't want to spend a bunch of money on it.

Would it be too crowded to add a couple of dressers (duncan phyfe) on each side of the china cabinet if they're the same height as the base???? Or would that be too crowded? I can't put a taller cabinet on the window side because the window is too close to the wall...any other creative ideas slip into your head? I have dishes coming out my ears, and before you say it, I did par down LOL But we entertain a lot and a dinner for six might include three or four wine glasses per person as well as several decanters, etc., and we like to do courses, so I need storage for all of that stuff.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)