SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

My beadboard kitchen is painted

schoolhouse_gw
13 years ago

Cross post from Cott.Garden Conversations because I posted about my kitchen remodel here also.

After I put all the primer on and sanded the walls and one ceiling, the painter came yesterday and put the top coats on for me. I'm happy with the way it turned out, but a few observations.

I've been using a small table lamp for light in the kitchen until the ceiling fixtures are finished. Last night when I walked into the room I couldn't help noticing that my white sink and stove looked pale blue! The ceiling was reflecting down on them. Plus the creamy white walls changed from a more white to a yellow. So depending upon the light, the colors are going to change just like I have been reading about what others have said. When I walked in there this morning, it reminded me of a big bathroom. If I would have known, I think I would have gone a shade lighter in both the creamy white and the blue - not that I don't like it but I think I would have liked it better. And I need to decide what color to paint the back door, same as the walls or white. I'm leaning towards white.

Right now, I'm taking a coffee break from washing and scraping up paint spots on the floor. Then it's moving day! going to try and get most of the furniture back in except the fridge. Need help with that. All in all, I'm glad I did it and the room looks so much cleaner then when the brownish and mis-matched wall paper was on there! It'll take some getting used to.

{{gwi:600042}}

{{gwi:600045}}

{{gwi:600050}}

{{gwi:600053}}

{{gwi:600058}}

Comments (34)