SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tubless

Botox for an Eight Year Old?!!!

Georgysmom
12 years ago

Did anyone catch the piece on Good Morning America today where they interviewed a mother and her eight year old daughter? Apparently the daughter competes in beauty pageants and was worried that she had a few wrinkles on her face. The mother regularly gives her botox injections and leg waxes. How sick is that!!! The mother should be brought up on child abuse charges!

Comments (26)

• heather_on
    12 years ago

Frankly a lot of those mothers who put their youngsters in beauty pagents should be brought up on child abuse charges. Phycological/emotional if not physical abuse. I boycott all those types of shows on TV.

• dorothy_oahu
    12 years ago

This is horrifying! This has to qualify as child abuse. Both mother and daughter look as they need to lose weight (the mom is pregnant) I just read an article that Botox might shrink he brain. How can anyone except a doctor get this stuff? I've heard of Botox parties but a child?!

These Beauty Pageants for children is nuts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mom gives botox to 8 yr old

• Related Discussions

Eight years in the making...

Q

Comments (14)
    Thank you all! Can't wait to see what the other plants have in store. I have a cutting of one that I planted in the garden at my old house that has a bushing habit (had multiple growth points from very early on and has four growth points around the flower bud), it has a bud on it but I fear it won't make it in time for the season change.
    ...See More

All my eight year old tomato seeds are starting to sprout

Q

Comments (1)
    Good deal for you. ;) Always nice to know that saving them is worth the effort. But seeds much older than 8 years have been proven to be viable. I'm still using some seeds from 10 years back and there is at least one previous post I can think of using 12 year old seeds and another about 25 year old seeds so save those seeds. Dave
    ...See More

Botox mom says she lied

Q

Comments (3)
    The Botox Mom is a real piece of work. First when we thought she was giving her beauty pageant kid the shots, I thought she was teaching her the shallow way of thinking that beauty was the most important, then when she admitted to lying...well we all see the lesson she was teaching the kid, then. Shameful! As for the nursing doll, well maybe it could teach little girls what breasts were really made for, instead of sex objects.
    ...See More

New Year. New Botox.

Q

Comments (38)
    Sure, here’s the whole thing. Yes, the pot has a large drainage hole. I used it as a water feature in my pond, with water spilling over the sides, so there’s a good sized hole that we created for the plumbing. After several years I wanted to do something different in the pond, so I have this as a focal point near the back fence and the gate into my woods.
    ...See More
  • workoutlady
    12 years ago

These parents are crazy especially this one. But my question is why do these parents go over the top like this? Is there lots of money to be gained by winning a pageant?

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

she would not say the Dr that gives her the Botox well the DR needs to have his license pulled if he is providing a medical product like Botox to this woman who is a so called part-time aesthetician to administer to a minor child! Holy Smokes where is the person in this situation with a brain cell? That is just beyond ignorance on so many levels. There are real dangers in improper administration of Botox, serious eye conditions for one! And hello those lines are called dimples and are precious on a child!
    This one really deserves the award for being a real blank blank blank blank!

• glenda_al
    12 years ago

That's a shame!

• lindyluwho
    12 years ago

I hope someone calls Child Protective services. Where is she getting Botox anyway. She isn't a doctor or nurse. She a hairdresser. Is Botox a street drug now?

Linda

• marie_ndcal
    12 years ago

I read the article and saw the viedo. I truly think the judges and medical people need to do something to stop this similiar to drug testing. This little girl is very pretty, but with her teeth and the apparent damage around her mouth from the injections she is only hurting herself. Just my opinion. I think it needs investigation where the parents are getting this stuff.

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

Oh good gracious! I can't believe that a mother would do that, let alone admit it on national television. That child should be removed from her care.

• deborah_ps
    12 years ago

It appears that our society seems to have welcomed the attitude "hey, if it makes you feel good about yourself" to the 9th degree.
    Sickening.

• Lily316
    12 years ago

She was on Nightline and they said child services was looking into this. This extremely homely mother and not that cute kid gave the interview. Poor little kid. She said having leg hair made her ugly, so mom waxes it off. Shades of Jon Benet. This is trailer trash at it's best.

• cynic
    12 years ago

This whole thing of child beauty pageants and "beautiful baby" contests need to be stopped AFAIC. There are some things that are not for children. The egos of parents rate on the horrendous scale. They're teaching the kids "win at all costs" and not every kid will win so there's a lot of crushed kids. Abusive parenting at its best.

And this mother______ should be doing time.

• wildchild
    12 years ago

What an ugly stupid (unprintable) of a "woman". Someone should stand her on her head, take out her uterus and sew her vajayjay shut for good measure so she can't breed again. Without anesthesia.

That must have tested the interviewer's professionalism to the max. I would have o wanted reach out do do some permanent a facial damage to that ugly diseased sow.

She's 34? Her forehead doesn't even move. I'm s 60 and she looks a heck of a lot more like she could be my sister than my 35 year old DD who doesn't use botox. Lines add character and youth. That fat whale of a woman looks like a bloated cadaver.

Little girl would be adorable if she wasn't made to look like a clown. Hard hard row for that child when puberty hits. Hope the authorities can step in and actually do something.

Pageants should be raided and all those silly parents should be charged with child endangerment. They are setting those little girls up for abuse their entire lives.

• arcy_gw
    12 years ago

Children get nose jobs, boob jobs,tattoos, piercings..they had to make it against the law even with parental permission because parents are weak and STUPID! This should not surprise..it is all part of the slippery slope of 21st Century America. This is far less cruel than piercing a newborns/young child's ears..and thousands to that.

• dotmom
    12 years ago

Wow, I so agree with you-all. Look at it this way......an unlicensed person is doing a medical procedure by providing and injecting POISON into her child. Not to mention the pain of ripping the child's hair out of its legs. How in, heavens name, is this not criminal and child abuse??? Wildchild has it right...make sure this Idiot doesn't breed again. I admit to tuning in once in a while to the kid beauty contest show, not a regular viewer but check it out occasionally out of curiosity. Have you noticed for the most part, the mothers of these poor kids are usually pretty homely and usually grossly fat. Stupid too!!

• Jasdip
    12 years ago

Apparently on this morning's show, they said that the kid asked for the botox. I don't believe that at all.

Yesterday during the interview, she was asked if it hurt, and she nodded her head, and said that she cried a bit. Every time she was asked a question, she'd look over at her mom, as if to want to say the "right" thing. She'd sometimes change her answer, so obviously the mom wanted her to not say certain things.

A doctor was on this morning and said that the doctor who have her the botox should lose his license, and that the child wouldn't be taken away from the home, but that they will probably go to parenting classes together.

• wildchild
    12 years ago

Latest news is that San Francisco's CPS was inundated with viewers calling in and demanding they investigate. Apparently an investigation is in the works.

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

That's great news, WC, thanks for the update. I spoke to a client of mine, a retired plastic surgeon, he was absolutely aghast that anyone would do this to a young child, that the uncertainty of the long term effects on the brain and nerves is frightening.

• chisue
    12 years ago

IMO the focus is on the wrong thing here. NO CHILD should be gussied up and paraded in front of people like a dog in a dog show. These 'pagents' should be illegal. They are PERVERSE!

• Lily316
    12 years ago

Look what happened to Jon Benet when she was made to look 18 when she was 5!!! I agree that most of the moms are fat and ugly.

• golfergrrl
    12 years ago

Incredible. The mother says the little girl is going to be a superstar. What if the kid wants to be a plumber? The mother is beyond sick. Latest from the SF newspaper. The comment section is priceless.

Here is a link that might be useful: Botox update

• cynic
    12 years ago

I didn't see either of them until now. Seems like they both must go through a lot of packages of "natural Botox"... Sometimes called "Oreos".

• Chi
    12 years ago

I don't see any need to make fun of an 8 year old about her weight.

• chisue
    12 years ago

OK, I *know* there are many single mothers, good and not-so-good, but can't a reporter ask, "Where/Who is this child's father?" It's not just this story, it's so many stories. (Makes me talk back to the TV -- not a good thing!)

• Linda
    12 years ago

On the news today, the child was removed by Protective Services from her mothers care until they can investigate.

• golfergrrl
    12 years ago

More intrigue. Seems the woman's name isn't Campbell and she doesn't live in SF.

Here is a link that might be useful: more info from SFGate

• kacram
    12 years ago

I feel so sorry for this young girl. Psychologically abused. Her mother for so many years basically telling her she isn't pretty unless she does all this yucky stuff. doing all this stuff to make her able to "win and be beautiful" is telling her she is ugly and not good enough for anything. That she isn't smart, and now, the state is telling her that her mother is a whacko and is doing bad things to her. That her mom is a criminal. (which mom is by the way, but hard for such a young girl to understand it)

I hope they can get the child some therapy and she is able to have a normal childhood and life.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio