SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Anyone else with this problem?

hilltop_gw
13 years ago

Today I received a rebate check for an item I purchased and I paid for with my debit card and I applied for the rebate. Yet the check came in my husbands name.

Every year I make a contribution to each of the local fire departments for several hundred dollars each. I decide to make the contribution and I write and sign the check yet the thank-you note in the paper goes to my husband. Both of our names are listed at the top of the check because we own a business.

Recently I had a phone solicitation from the national office of a college fraternity that my son belongs to. I consented to contribute XX dollars and when the form came it to send in the money it said "Mr. S thanks for your gift!" I was hurt! Ironically my husband said it was a good thing they talked to me because he would only have given locally. And we had just had a discussion about the work I do for the business but he gets all the thanks and recognition. So I didn't send the fraternity a check and just gave locally.

My husband and I are in business together. I do ALL of the bookkeeping and pay of bills. I'm feeling like a nobody and non-important part of the operation.

Comments (11)