SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debnfla8b

Question about sewing over pins...

14 years ago

Kind of a crazy question but I haven't had the "guts" to see if the sewing foot skips over the pins holding your fabric together.(did that make sense??)

I have been told that when you have your fabric pinned together that the foot just skips over the pins as you sew the two pieces together...does it do that?

I would try it but.....I am afraid I would break my needle and to tell you the truth, I don't know how to put a new one in! I have my MIL old Dressmaker sewing machine that I am having to learn about by attempting to sew on it. I am a total klutz when it comes to sewing machines. I did go on line and buy the manual for it. But even with that I have a hard time understanding about sewing machine. I feel so stupid but I really want to learn how to use it. My husband figured out the bobbin thing...I had tried for hours to put the bobbin back in. He looked at it and then told me I didn't have to take the whole thing apart to put the bobbin in its casing...LOL

But it is really a nice machine, I have all the different stitch plastic things. It has a quilting foot too.

I will keep playing with it and evenually learn how to use the thing..hahah!

Deb

Comments (18)