SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

My little LR is now green! (Lots of pics ...)

IdaClaire
12 years ago

Thought I'd start a new thread since my previous painting thread was bogged down with paint samples ...

Boy, am I ever tired! I thought I'd talk DH into going out for a beer after I finished (if I finished), but now all I feel like doing is putting on my pajamas and watching last night's DVR'd episode of Doc Martin. I'm so pleased to have completed my painting project over the weekend, and absolutely thrilled with the results! I initially wondered how the green would "play" with the blues in the room, particularly the dark-blue-almost-navy rug. I think it works wonderfully. I was also thinking that a dining room repaint would probably be next on the agenda, but I really like the way the green looks with the deep turquoise. (Oh, excuse me, I mean the BM Venezuelan Sea. ;-)) Thanks to all who assisted, inspired, and encouraged me to get this job done! I'll rest well tonight, without a doubt!

Oh - before I forget, someone had asked about the BM Aura paint in the other thread. This stuff is hands down the best paint I've ever used. Highly pigmented, easily covered my doo-doo colored walls with two coats and dried (as advertised) in an hour. I went with the eggshell, which has a very rich finish in person that may not come thru in the pics. Anyway, I'm sold on it!

First of all, how about a "before" shot of the dirty diaper walls ... ::shudder:: -

{{!gwi}}

And the AFTERS!

Comments (57)