SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saypoint

updating a dresser/chest

Saypoint zone 6 CT
13 years ago

I'm having difficulty making a decision on what to do about my bedroom furniture. My bedroom is small, and the 10 year old chippendale style double dresser has a huge footprint. I also have a chest-on-chest in the same style. Besides being huge, I'm finding that I'd like a lighter, more informal look than I get with these pieces, which look a bit austere. Our previous house had more space and was more colonial in style. This house is begging for a lighter look, maybe regency/eclectic/cottage, if that makes any sense.

The pieces are good quality, and in good shape, so I'm having trouble justifying replacing them with painted cottagey pieces from a local antique store that will reduce the amount of storage we now have. I've also thought about painting them, but don't have the heart to paint over the inlays. I know we'd get next to nothing for them if we sold them.

I also want to change the wall color, which is now BM Hepplewhite Ivory, which looks very drab, being neither yellow nor white. The bed is from Leonard's, a repro Sheration campaign bed. Any suggestions welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County