SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

ORB Faucet with Black Silgranit Sink?

cj47
14 years ago

Must be that time when everyone who started construction in early spring is picking out sinks and hardware! I've seen a few questions about ORB and black sinks, but pairing both of them together, so here goes.

My cabinets will be Natural Cherry, and my countertops will be Formica 180FX Corbeau Montana. I like that when you hold the Corbeau Montana up to black, it brings out the subtle very dark green in it, so we are thinking about putting in a black silgranit sink. I have picked the Moen Lancaster as my current frontrunner for kitchen faucets, and DH really, really liked the mediterranean bronze version (their take on OPB). I think it looks sharp, but am worried that a black sink on a mainly black/tan/deep green countertop and a dark faucet is just too much dark. The kitchen itself is going to have a lot of natural light, so I'm not terribly worried about making the kitchen too dark as a whole. There will be a vaulted ceiling with trapezoid windows up top, a 5 foot window over the sink, and a glass door on the sink wall as well. The floor has not been chosen yet.

What's your opinion on pairing a black sink, dark countertop, and basically ORB faucet?

Thanks,

Cj

{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)