SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantakitchen_gw

A Last Minute Snafu -- Need Ventilation Help!

wantakitchen
15 years ago

Well, things were going pretty well on my kitchen remodel -- thanks in large part to the wealth of information I've found here. Now as we enter the final stretch, it turns out that the wall mount range hood I bought (on sale, natch!) won't work because there are floor joists in the way of the duct. The obvious solution, I think, is to find an island hood and use that. Unfortunately, as many of you know, they are more expensive. The place where I bought my appliances has a Vent a Hood in my size (42 inches) marked down to $900, though it is bulkier than I intended (basically a slanted box). I'm waiting to hear if the manager will take back the hood I already bought, which would make the deal . . . I've also looked on ebay, where you can pick up a 42 inch island hood for less than a $1000, but I really don't know much about those brands. I'm frantic because the floor guys are staining the floor on Tuesday, so I've got to move out. Any thoughts would really be appreciated!

P.s. I'm coming from basically no ventilation, so any will be an improvement. The cooktop under is it a six-burner Miele, 42 inches.

Comments (7)