SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

Last minute help - new thread

auroraborelis
11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help regarding the placement or our wine cellar. Per Kirkhall's suggestion I am posting my last issue on a new thread.

The issue is we need to rearrange the upstiars of our plan to include a media room (it was originally planned for in the basement which had to be cut from the plan. We can go up cheaper than down!)

We are willing to make changes that increase the square footage and change the elevation, as long as those changes will look good from an elevation perspective. I actually think that extending the upstairs above the kitchen could make it look better as it would balance out everything more. However, it can only go over above the kitchen and hall space (this area has 10' ceilings) it can't go overtop of the great room (it has 15' ceilings we don't want to give up). It can of course go in the oppositte direction towards the end of the house without a problem.

Ideally the media room would be 14 x 21 or 12 x 15 and it needs to be behind a door that can be closed off by double doors. We also want to keep the "rumpus room" but it is currently HUGE and it only needs to hold a play area for kids (arts/crats table, etc) maybe room for a fusball table, and a small bar/kitchen area. I'm not really certain what size it should be.

Comments (16)