SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

How do I go about choosing a creamy neutral?

jockewing
12 years ago

I have been experimenting with blues and blue-grays and greens for so long it has literally been years since I've painted any room in a cream or neutral color. I am thinking I want to try such a color in my bedroom. I usually tend towards the yellow-based or even slightly green-based neutrals. I want something light, maybe around the 60 LRV range. I want something light enough to look bright and airy but with enough chroma to contrast slightly with the White Dove trim. I would also light something with maybe a touch of gray in it to modernize the color. So far I am liking BM Natural Cream, Manchester Tan, maybe Bleeker Beige. I also am looking at SW Wool Skein and Nacre.

Can anyone give me some pointers? The drapes in the room will be Pottery Barn Linen in "Blue Smoke" which is a duck egg blue-green. I have a cream colored upholstered bed and artwork with lots of blues, greens, and yellows. I want to create a very soothing, crisp space. I currently have some dark wood furniture, but am thinking of ways to bring more white into the room.

Comments (14)