SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kileyray

Buyers Keep Coming on to my Property

kileyray
15 years ago

We sold our house but possession doesn't occur until the end of August. We wanted to close the first week in August but the buyers were firm for the 29th.

Prior to making an offer the people that bought our property viewed the house twice for an hour each time and then came back to do an inspection and spent almost two hours at our house. In addition, they drove by several times a day and on two occasions they parked and walked through the yard. They never asked us but each time we figured it wasn't ideal but they were interested so we let it go.

Since they removed the conditions they still drive by and park outside our house at least once a day. Last night I went into our spare room in the basement and they were standing at the edge of our yard. I closed my blinds but then 10 min later noticed that they were standing out on the street looking at the house. A few minutes later I was putting my dishes away and they were standing at the other side of the house beside my windows. I was ticked off so I went outside and asked them what they were doing. The wife looked at me and said "We bought this house." I replied "I know who you are but you don't own it until the end of Aug. and until then my family and I should be afforded a reasonable amount of privacy." To be honest I walked away because I sensed by her nasty tone that they felt they had every right to be standing in my yard and I was afraid that I would say something bad.

So my question is... Am I just being a hag or is it unreasonable to expect that they refrain from carrying on daily vigils in front of my house? I get that buying a new house is exciting and they are probably planning what they are going to do with the yard but is it too much to expect a polite knock at the door to ask first? Also if they want to be there so darn bad why didn't they get an earlier closing date like we wanted?

Probably just a vent more than anything but these people have been difficult from the get go. Any suggestions on what I should say or do if it happens again?

Comments (39)