SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkinsey

Why is ok when HE goes over budget???

bkinsey
15 years ago

Ok, here is my rant. Trying to make a long story short...sorry for those who have heard these details. Our house is an 1889 farm house, in order to have the kitchen we wanted we had to add a 16x19 addition...well since we were adding on DH decides that he would like to have a walk out basement, so that means putting a 13 course basement under the addition and the existing kitchen. Well this basement has turned from "just a place for the boys and I to come in when we are dirty" to something that is nicer than my first apartment! Complete with a kitchenette, laundry room/bathroom w/ 48" shower, windows, 8ft. french doors, and a man door! At last tally he was 5k over his original budget and I'm afraid to recalculate! Now, if I'm not mistaken when you have a fixed budget and you go over somewhere...you have to take it from somewhere else? Correct...lol. Which means my kitchen!!! I'm standing my ground and getting what I want! If he keeps it up he'll be glad he has a kitchen and bath down there...because it may be where he is living!!! lol

Thanks for letting me rant!

Comments (14)