SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Painters hard at work-- and I am THRILLED

funkyart
11 years ago

For those who remember, I had my soon to be new house painted a little more than 2 months ago. I fell in love with the BM Anjou Pear that was to be on an accent wall-- and painted the entire kitchen and dining area Anjou Pear. I was less than thrilled with the BM Elemental in the living room and hall. It's a nice enough color but it did nothing for my house. I'd consulted here for a color that would coordinate with the Anjou Pear and replace the BM Elemental.

Long story short-- with the encouragement of two friends, the painters are carrying the Anjou Pear throughout. I was a little concerned that it would be too intense.. too yellow.. too young.. but OMG I LOVE IT! It was the perfect choice. The house just opened up and came alive with it.It is a funky chartreuse in the sun and a rich glowy gold in low light but it all works.

In the next few months, I may very well do one accent wall but I am going to wait until I move in and update furniture before I commit to it.

Also painted the master bedroom in gray owl-- it looks lovely, fresh and serene-- just as I wanted. I'll add some drama when I paint the bath dark gray.

Thank you all for your help over my months of agonizing over paint.. and a special shout out to Beekeeperswife who gave me the nudge (kick in the pants!) I needed to move forward!

(I'll share pics later tonight.. in the meantime, here is the BM elemental before repainting. It's a nice color-- but was blah in my house)

Comments (24)