SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

1st Coat Down Pipe - What comes next?

sochi
12 years ago

The first coat of F&B Down Pipe went on today - I love it! Wow, it will definitely set the mood. A few poor quality pictures below. It looks almost violet at times, a bit of blue and then green, and almost black, depending on lighting. Very cool.

What decisions should I logically make next? I expect paint is supposed to be the last decision, but I needed to hook onto something to help guide me for next steps.

I still need to choose the following:

1. drapes for behind the bed (covering the windows with no view in the first picture below)

2. Closet door colours. The second picture shows the closet wall - 14+ feet of it. I want custom cabinet like doors here, but haven't decided on what colour. As you can see, the doors will be framed by the Down Pipe. I think I want to do all but one door in one colour, then a single door in either another colour or in walnut. Thoughts?

3. Area Rug & bedding. This will come last I think, unless I fall for something in a big way soon.

4. Ceiling fan. I want the modern fan pictured below. Not sure what colour/finish though.

5. Finally - I had assumed I would do a dresser-like vanity in walnut for the bedroom "make-up" etc. zone. I'm wondering now if I should do colour there now, rather than wood. Hmmm.

Am I missing anything? Should I decide on the closet doors first, then the soft stuff like the drapes? Any suggestions? Thanks.

First, very rough not to scale drawing of the room:

Windows with no view - I want a full wall of floor to ceiling drapes here, behind the bed.

The long closet - doors still required.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio