SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

Update on my Pity Party. . .

sue_va
15 years ago

Several of you mentioned that there was something out there that would be perfect for me to wear to the wedding.

You were right!

On Monday the 27th. I went out to get a card, wrapping paper, etc. and went back to Peebles to look again, because that is the closest store to me. Nothing there.

Was going back to Ross, but first went again to Goodwill. As I walked into the store, I turned to go toward the left side, and THERE IT WAS! One dress, hanging on a rack, not even near the dresses. It might as well have had a sign on it that said "Hold for Sue."

I tried it on and yes, that was it! It looks like a two piece outfit, but it isn't. It is one piece with a type of over blouse look. The top is in muted shades of pink, that if you look close has a design of a flower and leaves here and there, and has a small knotted tie on the right hip. Covers all my hippy indiscretions perfectly. The skirt is solid pink and is mid calf length. The label says Greg Michael, but I googled and didn't find a site like that. It looked like it had never been worn.

So I went to the wedding "pretty in pink." That's what the bride said when she saw me. She knew about the search I had been on.

The 6 p.m. wedding was just beautiful, in that romantic setting, lit only by oil wall lamps. There was music by two young men playing euphoniums, which I had never seen or heard before. The ceremony was very traditional, with a beautiful acapella solo by a friend of the bride. She sang The Lord's Prayer that was breathtaking.

The reception was the most FUN reception I've ever been to. The bride and groom each have so many friends, and they all seemed to know this was a perfect marriage. There was so much mingling, joking and laughter. It was such a happy event.

My DGD, my DS's DD, catered the reception and the food was not only delectable to look at but by all the comments, even more delectable to eat.

The weatherman had predicted showers and possible Thunderstorms, but there was neither; even had sunshine part of the time.

The Bride & Groom are on their honeymoon now. I will be seeing pictures when they get back.

Thanks for taking this trip with me. It wore me out, but the happiness I saw made it all worthwhile.

Sue

BTW, the dress cost $4.00!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor