SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

you are all invited to my.....pity party!! (long)

sue_va
15 years ago

My DGS is getting married May 1t. In March, I planned to start looking around for a dress/pant suit to wear to the wedding. March was bitter cold and rainy and I don't take my old creaky bones out in that weather. April would give me plenty of time to shop. Around the 5-6th of April, I was feeling tired and achy all the time and put off shopping. I made an appointment for a perm for April 9th, so my hair would look good for the wedding. The afternoon of the perm I had a sore throat, followed later by a hacking cough and laryngitis, and the "hurt-all-over" feeling. I was really sick, and by then I also realized there was something wrong with the perm. It had not taken....no curl to be seen!

On the17th, I woke up with my eyes stuck together. My DD took me to Emergicare. The diagnoses was Bronchitis and Conjunctivitis. I was given a Rx for a Zpack which I had never heard of before, and drops for my eyes. Each was to be used for 5 days. They were working their magic and by yesterday (the 22nd.) My DD took me shopping.

On the way I stopped in to talk to the shop supervisor about the perm. She said they had obviously used the wrong size rollers. DUH! I will be getting a new perm, at no charge, on April 30th.. .the day before the wedding.

So we went shopping. I know there was a thread here about the choices in clothes for us older women, (I'm 84) but I didn't know how impossible it would be.

With my "body all aching and racked with pain" and with me having to stop and rest a few times, we went to: Penneys, Pebbles, BonWorth, Belks, TJMax, Dress Barn, Ross, Kohls, and Target.

I have no new dress or pant suit to wear to the wedding!! And I have to endure another perm the day before!!

The Malls were near-dead, the clothes on the racks looked to be as tired and weary as I felt. Dark colors, or bold ugly, large prints. A few yellows or coral, which are two of my favorites, but they were BOLD colors; enough to be scary.

I know this is long, but I needed to get this out of my system. I'm not a whiner; I don't come here and complain every time I have an ache or pain.

Thanks for reading this...if you did. Misery loves company, you know!

And I want to add ...what a blessing to have a DD that puts my needs and wishes first.

Sue

Comments (33)