SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

I think I've finally found my cabinet paint!

CEFreeman
12 years ago

It's drying on a few doors for a sample as we speak.

Hopefully you won't necessarily remember me whining about my beloved Duron 'Rugged Trail' turning turquoise in natural light, while the top cabs remain its beautiful gray-green color.

I tried its complementary color, 'Backpack' which still had blue in it. Darker and nice, but blue.

Today, I tried a Valspar color I've had taped to the turquoise for a couple of weeks. It's 'Colonial Beige'. I think it might be the one! So far, in morning light, it's perfect. We'll see as the day transitions.

I was lured by the like-it-or-not ad on TV for Valspar. When I went in, the guy told me that color, a "Signature", wouldn't work with high gloss. Tough cookies.

I abruptly thanked him and started to wander away, looking again at the appropriate wall of colors. Nada.

He stopped me and said he thought of something. (Actually nothing, he just knew I was pissed.) "How to match," he mused?

I suggested he look at the formula as it would be for the proper base and [ahem] copy it.

"GENIUS!" he exclaimed! Or something close to what a man could admit.

So "we" put it into a Base 2, high gloss quart for testing. The formula contained no blue whatsoever.

So far, as it dries, it is GENIUS!

Why is everything such a struggle?

And why are my stories always so long!?!

Wish me luck (again): Valspar 'Colonial Beige'.

Comments (13)