SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trifles

Fat Quarter Swap: Blues! Postmark by August 15

trifles
16 years ago

Here is the information about the next Fat Quarter Swap. I think all the information needed is listed, but please feel free to post any questions you might have on this thread or you are welcome to e-mail me privately. (Please note that I have abandoned my idea of doing "extra" swaps this summer due to time constraints on my end full-time work and part-time school doesnÂt leave me quite enough time, and I was also concerned that we didnÂt have good consensus on the type of swap to do, although the future looks bright for Reds and Landscape fabrics.)

This next swap will be Blues and includes lights to darks in the blue family (aqua through violet blue); 100% cotton; if a print or floral, the background should be in the blue family; please no obvious holiday or children's prints; deadline is August 15, 2007. Your package should be mailed on or before August 15th. If you are outside of the continental USA, please make allowances for post times and ship early.

There is no need to sign up, simply send me a private e-mail by going to My Page listed above beside my name, trifles. I will reply to you with my mailing address where you are to send your fabrics. PLEASE include your GardenWeb nickname.

Please read the swap guidelines carefully and follow them. Your fabrics will be returned if you neglect to follow the guidelines.

~ This swap is limited to participants on this Forum.

~ Fabrics sent should be 44-45" wide, 100% quilters' cottons - no home dec or poly/cotton blends. Please send the quality of fabric you would like to receive back.

~ Please be considerate of others: if your home has smokers or if you have critters that like to lay around on your fabric, please wash your swap fabric and keep it contained in a sealed zip bag until time to mail it. We would all like to receive clean, smoke-free and fur-free fabric.

~ Size: A Fat Quarter is approximately 18-inches by 22-inches. (Cutting instructions below.)

~ Send a minimum of one set of 5 Fat Quarters: for each set buy 1 1/2 yards of 100% quilters' cotton in the correct color/theme for the swap, cut it in half down the entire length of the fabric. Cut these two lengths into 3 pieces each that are approximately 18" x 22" each. Keep one Fat Quarter for your stash and put the other 5 into one large zip bag and seal it. (The zip bags help protect your fabric.) Please do not put each Fat Quarter in a separate plastic bag! You will receive by return mail 5 different Fat Quarters of fabric.

*** You may send a maximum of two sets, with each set being a different fabric cut as above, or you may send 5 or 10 completely different FQs within the blue theme. Depending on how many quilters are swapping you may get some of your own fabrics back.

Optional: you may label your Fat Quarters with a pinned or thread basted label with your name and location or manufacturer info if you wish. Please do not use gummed labels or tape.

~ Put your zip bag with your set(s) into a large mailing envelope along with a 9" x 12" or larger mailing envelope with your name and mailing address on the front and return postage IN STAMPS to cover the return of your fabrics. PLEASE DO NOT USE METERED POSTAGE FROM THE POST OFFICE ON YOUR RETURN ENVELOPE! Please do not use mailing/return envelopes smaller than 9" x 12". PLEASE include your GardenWeb nickname to aid in identification of your package.

The last quarterly FQ swap I'm hosting for 2007 will be Dots & Spots and the deadline for that swap is November 15, 2007. Any polka dot or spot-type print is acceptable in any color family. Dots and spots need not be the traditional white dots on a solid background.

E-mail through the GardenWeb may or may not work. If your e-mail gets through, I will reply (usually within 24 hours) with my mailing address. If it appears that the GW e-mail is not working and you don't receive a reply from me, please post on this thread and I will try something else.

You do not have to "sign-up" for this Fat Quarter swap. A post here on this thread when you have mailed your fabrics will give me a heads up to look out for your package.

Just holler if you have any questions!

Marcia (trifles)

Comments (76)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath