SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Invitations? Party management questions

Annie Deighnaugh
11 years ago

I know this isn't home decor, but it's about making good use of the beautiful homes we have designed.

We have had a number of natural disasters and such in our area which bring the neighbors outside and talking with each other...which we have all noticed and said we should get together for a non disaster sometime.

I'd like to have an informal summer party and invite the neighbors...some I know better than others. I would like to spare myself a boat load of work though...I have been to many parties where you're expected to bring a dish and a bottle and they work out just fine. I'm thinking of something along that line....I also would like it to be more like an open house so people feel free to come and go as their schedule allows...

Any suggestions on how to word the invitation? How to manage the food so you don't end up with 8 versions of potato salad? Include or not include kids? (we have no children and our house is not child friendly...but if the kids play outside, we're fine with that....) How much lead time on the invitations? Should I request RSVPs knowing many won't any way. Do you put both a start and end time on the invite? I was thinking 4-8pm on a Sunday...or would Saturday be better? It matters not to us as we are both retired....

I've not done anything like this before, don't want it to be formal and stuffy, but want to manage the event so it is enjoyable for everyone....any insights, suggestions and experiences would be most welcome.

TIA!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor