SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

Invitation question (and related party questions)

sue36
16 years ago

I am hoping someone here can help me with my question. We live about an hour from most of our family so they don't get to our house very often - too far to just drop in. I had the house all decorated for Thanksgiving and then ended up not hosting it, so no one (except DH, who doesn't care) saw the decorations. I am determined to not let that happen for Christmas, so I've decided to have a party. It looks like it will be New Year's Day. I am planning on inviting about 70 people and have it in an "open house" format, starting at around noon. I want to indicate on the invitation that it starts at noon, but that they don't have to be there right at noon. Any ideas for how to word it on the invitation? I thought, "starting at noon, arrive at your leisure", but that seemed wordy.

Thoughts? Also, what do you think of a party like this on 1/1? There will be lots of food, but no sitdown meal. I was thinking sodas, beer, wine and mimosas for drinks (but putting away the hard alcohol).

Also, (sorry, this is getting long, I know) we live on a pond. It is usually frozen before New Years, so skating is a possibility. But I won't know for sure until a few days before (last year it was open until mid January it was so warm, but usually it is good for New Years). I think I am going to have a separate sheet for directions, should I add a p.s. "bring your skates, we hope the pond will be ready"?

Thanks for the help!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions