SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notenoughroses_gw

LOOKING for: Questions regarding dessert party for the holidays

notenoughroses
19 years ago

I have hosted several large holiday parties in the past where I do tons of appetizers, small sandwiches and - of course - loads of sweets. To simplify things this year, I am thinking about hosting a neighborhood 'cookie' party one Sunday evening between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am hoping to make it clear on the invite that it will be a 'dessert' party (ie: not what they have attended in the past!) But I am wondering ---

Do you think I still need to offer a few 'solid' foods, like chips and salsa, maybe a not-so-sweet quick bread or two? Something to balance out a lot of cookies!

Also, what to serve to drink? I will serve an iced herbal tea - always do and it goes over well. We are not coffee drinkers and there will be a number of small children attending so don't really want to offer a hot drink. A number of our neighbors are drinkers - wine, mixed drinks, beer, etc. Past parties, I always try to offer a mixture of drinks - but, really, we are such a casual group of neighbors, we often BYOB - whether the invite says so or not. What beverages would go over good?

Any other party pointers would be welcome! ~ Suzie

Comments (5)