SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_meow

Getting rid of pet odor

kats_meow
14 years ago

We have recently listed our house for sale but we have been advised that there is a faint but noticeable odor near the entry to the house. (I can't smell it myself but I don't have a good sense of smell. Two people have told me that they can smell it so I believe it is there).

We currently have no pets in the house (they were moved to new house). When you enter the house there is a stairway to the immediate side. There was a large closet under the stairs where we kept our cat litter box and fed the cats (there was a pet door to allow cats entry and exit). There is no flooring in that closet, concrete only. Cats have been gone to new house for 6 weeks.

Area has been thoroughly and professionally cleaned including being washed with bleach.

Door has been left open in evenings to air it out.

We are at a loss as to what else to do. Cats did not spray or anything in there, by the way. This must solely be from the cat litter pan having been there.

Obviously we want to get rid of this but can't think what else to do. Any ideas?

There is nothing in the closet now, it is entirely bare, just concrete floor and walls and ceiling (sheetrocked).

Comments (19)