SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leennp

What I thought looked good did not turn out so well, WTD?

leennp
10 years ago

So I have stressed over so many details with this whole house remodel, it was bound to happen, but did not really want my master bath shower to be the opps of the house, but it seems that way! Had to at last minute pick new tile as what I wanted was backordered for 3 months, could not wait. Picked another tile, similar but not same. So I had ordered what should have been enough glass mosaic for accent in shower, but when if came in, several pieces were broken and than other pieces of the marble insets had rusty orange patches, so fast forward to tile guy saying don't worry, we can save enough of glass to do one strip, not enough for recessed shampoo thing, but I have enough floor mosaic to do shelf, shows me pictures of other showers like that and I think it looks fine, will be great. Forward to final product and while I don't hate it, it does not make me think wow or anything close. I can't change it, can't afford new tile or labor as budget for whole house almost gone in final stages, so I must live with it. So I guess I am asking for help in that I wonder if what is throwing me off even more is wall color is bathroom is wrong. There will eventually be a walnut vanity with a marble top in the room and door trim etc is not in yet. I hope you can see from the picture the small sliver of wall color visible to the left of the shower, could not get wall color and full effect of shower in one shot.

Comments (27)