SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Here's a practical way we can all help fight Cancer

jel48
14 years ago

There is a way that all of us who have home PCs can help fight cancer as well as some of the other bad, nasty things in our world. It's through the World Community Grid.

Go to http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp to learn how you can set up your home PC to help do research to find new drugs, new answers, possibly even a cure.

I've had my home PC and my work PC signed up and working on grid projects for about a year and a half now. Between the two PCs, I have contributed over 2 years of computing time to projects such as help conquer cancer, fight aids, help fight childhood cancer, clean energy, and others.

My PCs have spend over 269 days working on finding answers to help conquer cancer. They've spend 234 days on the human proteome folding project, and 205 days helping to look for answers to aides.

A few days ago a new project became availale and I signed up to help research the swine flue.

Take a look at the website. Then ask me any questions you have. I'll try to answer. Your PC only works on the project when it is running and only when not busy working on your on stuff. It doesn't cost you anything and you can be a big help.

Here is a link that might be useful: World Community Grid

Comment