SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Happy Victoria Day (Canada)

Cherryfizz
15 years ago

I hope you all enjoy your day.

Chilly blustery day here. LOL had to cover my plants last night to protect them from frost.

Growing up this holiday has had all kinds of names - Emancipation Day in Windsor, Fireworks Day and Fireman's Field Day. I can't remember if this was called Dominion Day or not. When I was a kid this long weekend was when I went away to Brownie and Girl Guide camp. When I was a party girl this was the May 24 party weekend - 24 as in a case of beer. LOL

Lots of fireworks this weekend around my neighbourhood and they started Friday night and hopefully will end tonight. Poor Loki has been a basket case whenever he hears the fireworks. Last night was the worse. I close all the windows to lessen the sound but he can still here them and he cowers and tries to find a safe space. I tried taking him down the basement but no go. Last night he tried to crawl on my lap and Loki isn't a lap dog. LOL Tonight there will be more fireworks even though it is quite windy. Last 2 nights someone was letting them off a few times past midnight until about 4 am. Loki didn't get any rest.

Today is also the City of Windsor's 116 birthday. Lots of stuff going on down at the riverfront. I had wanted to get out this morning for the Mayor's walk but I had no way of getting to Ambassador Park where the walk began.

What are your plans for Victoria Day. If it warms up a bit I am going to plant my geraniums and trim my evergreens into a ball shape.

Have a great day.

Anne

Comments (12)