SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decor4fun_gw

Coordinating Benjamin Moore Colors

decor4fun
15 years ago

After trying many Benjamin Moore samples, I finally decided to use Aura Affinity color Coastal Path to paint my living room and kitchen. Now I have to decide what to do with the ceiling and trim and halls and would welcome your suggestions.

I am fortunate to have volume ceilings in the living room (8ft at one end, rising to 12 ft and back down to 10 ft at the other end of the room)...one large window (facing east) and a smaller one (facing south). Because of the window placement, the natural light is only abundant in the room early in the morning. The living room flows into a small kitchen/dining area with an east facing patio door. Since we may be selling the house in the next couple of years, I want to keep things fairly neutral, but with an updated look. I've also decided to repaint the kitchen cabinets off white and add transistional oil rubbed bronze hardware.

I love earth tones and prefer a rustic look that blends simple large scale primitive decor pieces with contemporary organic pieces. At this point I have to work with a sofa (would love to replace it with a one that is more neutral) that is a very subtle flame stich fabric primarily of dark khaki with touches of gold, deep blue/green, cranberry and copper. I also have two pumpkin pine antique pieces...a small scale general store counter and a tall blind door cupboard. (I was bitten by the country primitive bug at one time...but am ready to move into a more transitional look.) I also have a tan leather club chair and ottoman similar in tone to the pumpkin pine furnishings. There a touches of walnut wood here and there..for example a large scale tobacco basket that hangs on the wall and a simple rustic coffee table. These are all things that are staying in the room for now.

After much debate, the Affinity Coastal Path seemed to be the best choice...a warm neutral that showcases the pumpkin pine and khaki tones well and also provides a nice contract in the kitchen to the off-white planned for the cabinets.

I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have for a ceiling color (Aura Affinity) that would reflect light well and complement the Coastal Path chosen for the walls. I would also love to hear any suggestions for a kitchen cabinet color...white, soft not glaring...not too gray and not too yellow. The countertops are a warm gray faux granite (that will be changed at some point as well). The dining area (part of the kitchen) is home to a simple walnut table with a rustic contemporary fixture that hangs overhead...a woven rattan drum shade which is lined with a pumpkin colored silk and suspended from a single dark bronze cord. Trim colors would be the same in the kitchen and living room.

I know this is A LOT of information...but I need all the help I can get. New paint and window treatments are the only changes I can make now...so they have to be right on!

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)