SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_adamopoulos

10K Budget Remodel...Done!

Nancy Adamopoulos
16 years ago

I just finished 2 kitchens in the last 4 months. The first is the kitchen to my new house (which I'll post in another thread) and the second is the kitchen of my Townhouse which will be going on the market this week(below)

I forgot to take a true "before" shot, but I have a few in progress shots. The kitchen was the original 1982 special with painted slab cabinet doors in not so nice condition, fake yellow- brown woodgrain laminate that looked nothing like wood. Hartco light oak parquet flooring that was in poor shape. Almond appliances all around (including the original 1982 coil range and OTR MW. And Almond sheet laminate as the backsplash.

Here are a few in progress pics(after the floor was replaced, and counters and backsplash removed).

Here is a pic of the old flooring:

{{gwi:1781081}}

Here are the finished pics:

The details:

Total cost 10K. ALL of the work was hired out. I acted as GC.

Original cabinets with new unfinished doors bought from Evans cabinet and doors in TX. The doors were predrilled and supplied w/blum hinges by Evans. The doors and cabinet trim were painted by my painters in SW alabaster white. Crown Moulding was also added by my handyman. The old hinges were removed and the holes were patched by the painters. Total cost of doors (with shipping) $1300.

I also replaced all the interior shelving($60). The pullouts were in good condition.

Cab Hardware - ebay $55

Flooring: New site finished red oak HW to match existing 25 year old floor. Needed to combine 3 stains to get the right color (Gunstock, red mahogany and Golden Oak in equal parts). $1600

Counters: 12x12 Black galaxy granite tile (if we were staying in the house I would have done slab). $7.20/sq foot from HD during their special order flooring sale (1/2 the price of our local Tile store)

Sink: Ebay! 30" single bowl undermount from Tangent Direct (originally bought one from Galaxy Tools, but it was too big for the cabinet). $150

Faucet: Moen Renzo in Stainless steel ($150)

Backsplash. Inexpensive ceramic tile that mimics the Durango (mexican Limestone) tile I have in my new kitchen. $140

Appliances: Kept 2 year old stainless Bosch, Replaced almond panel w/ stainless one on existing Subzero ($360), New Range (GE JSP42 stainless slide-in) $1160 and OTR MW (GE JVM1740) $310

Labor: Painters(Painted room and cabinets), Handyman(crown moulding, installed new doors and cab hardware, installed OTR MW) Tile contractor(counter and backsplash) and Plumber. $4500

Hopefully this new kitchen will help sell out house fast!

Comments (10)