SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennavanowsc

I've been diagnosed with Shingles,,,and my

JennaVaNowSC
14 years ago

night at the ER. Spent last night, 12 to 4 this a.m. in the ER with severe chest and back pains. They did cardiac workups, CT scan, looking for blood clots etc etc. I have this tiny rash right under left breast.... Anyway, they say Shingles. And I hope you all don't think I am a baby about this but man does it hurt. (In the past, I have had broken ribs, broken arm, broken nose, pneumonia 17 times, apppendicitis, torn rotator cuff, and dislocated toe, plus quite a few severe beatings years back from abusive EX. All that past history to tell you that this Shingles pain is much worse than anything else I have had so far).

Sorry about whining, just wanted to ask if anyone has had this, how long does it last etc? I was a little groggy from the morphine (which didnt even take the edge off the pain) this morning to understand everything doc said. She gave me antiviral and nerve pain meds. I have to see my family doc on Monday.

Also worried about how contagious this is? My DH just had a biopsy friday for skin cancer on his ear, and will need surgery this week. I have been taking care of cleaning the area and redressing it. ANd will need to take care of him after the surgery. I have been using gauze pads, not touching his ear with my hands. Bought some disposable gloves this a.m. at pharmacy... just in case.

Thanks for listening everyone.

June

Comments (33)