SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

My Safavieh rug and Overstock's advice!!!??

User
13 years ago

Ok... this is what my hand tufted wool/silk Safavieh rug from Overstock looks like now.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I really need to know if this is normal or not. I can't imagine it is or people wouldn't buy them as much. I emailed Overstock explaining and saying I was disappointed etc. At first they told me this,"I've found that this was ordered back in 2009, and is beyond our returns time. ff you would still like to have it sent back, you may; however, be advised that the refund will be determined based on the time elapsed from the order-date and/or the condition of the item. If you'd like to proceed with this, just reply and we'll initiate the return"

I figured it wasn't worth it and was thinking about the whole thing when I got an email the next day saying if they didn't hear back from me by today they were going to consider it closed. I emailed them again asking if they could give me a ball park figure and sent these two photos. This is the email I just got back.

"After reviewing your photos I've determined that what is occurring is normal wear and tear of the fabric. I recommend shampooing it to give the color new luster. For the odd loose thread, try cutting it loose with a pair of scissors. There are other rug-care products available, I suggest the Bissell 850B Woolite Rug Stick, which will bring up the fibers into uniform conformation. I've included the link here: See link below

I didn't think you could "shampoo" a wool rug. I'm not interested in shipping it back as it's just not worth it but I'm trying to understand #1. if this is normal after 6 months for this rug to look like that and #2. Is she giving me accurate information??? - I'm thinking not.

Could it be that the rug sat in the warehouse for too many years and it's just not wearing well??

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bissell

Comments (19)