SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gauralady

Quilt of Valor color question

16 years ago

I have been planning and buying for several QOV quilts and have made a few blocks but have run into a problem I am not quite sure how to solve. That is, one set of fabrics I bought is the antique muted reds, blues and cream/light tan range and with the other fabrics the clearer more primary colors of red, blue and white. I was planning to make a quilt or quilts with each palate.

Now that I have begun, from across the room I think some of the creams read more toward the white side but I have used the muted reds and blues in them. I think they wouldn't look good combined with the primary color blocks but they look really light to go with the antiquey look I had planned. I am all about the scrappy look so in a way I think I am maybe obsessing a little too much about it but I am just wondering how you ladies would solve this other than tearing apart blocks and redoing them (ugh, ugh, ugh!). Would it help if I posted a picture to show you what I mean?

I have put a lot of thought and effort into this project so I want these quilts to be really nice and don't want them to end up looking "thrown together" without much thought. So suggestions anyone? Thanks for your help!

Comments (4)