SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irishdancersgram

Anyone watch Jon & Kate????

irishdancersgram
14 years ago

After what seemed to go on forever they did have the start of the new season...I was determined not to watch but I just love to see the "little" kids...In my opinion, Jon needs to grow up and Kate is about the most self centered person I've ever seen...I had always thought Jon had taken care of the kids more than she did but to hear her talk??? How many times last night did we hear about her planning and doing the birthday party by herself, again? And how tired she was??? You don't see her doing anything...I know taking care of kids is tiring but no one can tell me, she doesn't have bunches of help....Did you see the car Jon came to the party in? And he had to go back to the house because she forgot the cakes????AND 1 more thing, how about when she tried to grab the pinata (sp) away from him because she liked to spread the candy????Doesn't seem to be too much love for each other......I feel so bad for all those kids.....

Comments (47)

• angela_nor_calif
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I thought they both looked miserable - especially Jon. When they were at the party, they were never together and hardly talked to each other. I think the papparazi (sp?) needs to leave them alone. That surely does not help their situation. I realize they are in the public eye but it seems like they have just latched onto them lately.

As far as Kate being out on her book tour, etc and that being her job - well I'm sure they make enough money without her being gone all the time. I think if my marriage were in trouble and that my being gone was a big part of why, I would put that on the back burner and work on my marriage. She doesn't sound like she has any intention of doing that.

• barb_from_pa
    14 years ago

I quit watching - they drive me crazy. What a way to live.

• Related Discussions

Jon & Kate last night ?

Q

Comments (31)
    I always wonder that too, about when the kids grow up and look back on these episodes. Kate and John said that they started doing the show as a way to preserve the memories as the kids grow up because they couldn't possibly do that much video and picture taking being as busy as they would be. What kind of memories will this be for the kids...I sure would want to forget most of it! I liked her in the beginning of the show but I have seen her get worse over time. More rude and just horrible to her hubby. I would love to see if he goes off on her off camera! I can hear some snippiness in his voice at times...wonder if he lets her have it when the crew isn't around. My DH would! I do love to watch the kids though...all but Madi, she makes me want to slap her. I have a feeling her mom might have acted this way as a child. Those little ones are so cute though!
    ...See More

Anyone watch Jon & Kate plus 8

Q

Comments (9)
    Interesting that you posted this today. I watch the show if I happen to be clicking around and find it. My favorite is little Aiden - "the professor" - so cute! They all are. I don't like the way that Kate (mostly it's Kate) frequently disses Maddy. Heck - the kids watch the show (they've said that before). How does Maddy feel about her mother/parents saying things like that about her, even if they're true. She's 7! I wouldn't like to continually hear about what a problem I am or how different I am even now, at my ripe age, much less when I was 7. For example, last night Kate was talking about the trip to the ceramics studio (or whatever it was) with the girls. She said that Cara made an adorable something-or-other and how great it was, and that Maddy made a perfectly atrocious something else. Those weren't her exact descriptions, but her words were equally distinct. Poor kid. Maybe Kate should consider cause-and-effect? Kids all have different personalities and we deal with them as individuals. Hopefully we don't make critical comments so often, especially to the whole world. Frankly, I don't like the way the twins act like little mothers to the sextuplets. That's Kate's job - the twins should just act like 7 year olds and not mommies (I'm not saying that Kate made them that way). I liked the video they showed last night at the very end. It showed lots of kisses and hugs and cuddling between the parents and kids, something that we don't see often otherwise.
    ...See More

Has anyone heard this about Jon& Kate?.....

Q

Comments (16)
    I hope it's true for Kate's sake. He's a weak man and I believe she would be much less angry if she had a real man as a partner in life. If this is true, that he is cheating with a 23-year old, it just proves this to me even more. Even 8 kids couldn't make him grow up. I can certainly understand if he doesn't want to live with Kate anymore but man up and leave her first before cheating. How dumb can he be to think he could get away with cheating on her when they are in the public eye? Their marriage was going to end eventually anyway so I think she was probably right to go ahead and get set up for life before it did. When these kids first arrived, Jon lost his job, way before the economy collapsed. I think she realized then that she had to take charge of the family (he didn't seem capable of handling the household while she went to work outside of the home). And no darn way would he be getting any 23-year olds these days without the publicity he got from the show (instigated by Kate), by being in decent shape (instigated by Kate) and the hair transplants (instigated by Kate). He will be lost without someone to take care of him.
    ...See More

Jon has lost his mind, and Kate is sharpening the kitchen knives

Q

Comments (33)
    I've watched this show from day one and looked forward to seeing it on Monday nights. I know Kate is an Aries and always wondered what Jon is. I liked them both. Maddy is a kid, being herself and allowed to be. In a different household I could sure imagine that being beat, starved or whatever, out of her. I wonder what happened that finally forced Jon to stand up to the force that is Kate? Which one cheated first? In my experience there's always someone else in the wings waiting when someone like Jon does such a turn around. Their last show when they sat apart and told their stories was very sad for me to watch. So tell me, what sign is Jon born under? Pisces, maybe?
    ...See More
  • jackie_ok
    14 years ago

I thought they looked as though they could barely tolerate each other. She says she was very happy with their life and he says he was very unhappy. So, I would say something has to change and it doesn't look like it will be her.

I did notice that snazzy car that Jon drove up in.

• coloredthumb
    14 years ago

I recorded it but didn't get the chance to watch yet!
    I'll try to get to it later. I don't really care if Jon and Kate are drama grabbing for ratings. So long as the kids don't get put in the middle, used and hurt or forced to continue being TV reality stars when they don't want to do it anymore. The kids probably think it is normal to have cameras all over their lives 24/7. .
    CT

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

I watched it and was upset by it. A lot was left unsaid, but as Jon put it, it is 'their' personal business.

I sort of deduced he was no longer living there, but was spending time there with the kids, doing I guess his share, or a part of it. There was no talk of them 'working things out' yet no mention of separation or the 'D' word either.

Yeah, Kate sure let it be known that she was doing it all by herself, but did you see the crew there to put it all together at the shelter house? She has a lot of folks at her beck and call it seems.

Yes, I noticed Jon's racy little 'number'...pretty cool...I'm happy for him. Kate has 'run him and his life' far long enough. He just wants to be 'Jon' and to have a normal life, but I doubt if there is any way of that happening anytime soon, due to them being famous and all....and being tailed by the paparazzi.

I was thinking that he had to go back for the cakes and also another time for something else...maybe a billfold?

Boy, he has sure been getting some sun lately, and wasn't using any good sunscreen.

I'm interested in what all others deduced.

Kate has sure been rude in the past, often interrupting Jon, but since they were interviewed separately last night, that didn't happen, thankfully. Kate is so full of herself.

Sue

• matti5
    14 years ago

It was painful to watch and the tension was incredibly thick between jon and kate. My heart goes out to the children who are all innocent victims in the mess their parents have created for them. It was so sad to hear the kids telling their dad they miss him and want him to come home more. I noticed Cara and Maddie have "grown up" since last season and are a big help to their siblings. I don't think it was by choice, but by necessity.

To me it is obvious that Jon resents Kate's new career and the additional limelight. When he was asked if the roles were reversed, Jon's reply was "I can't write", then went on to say something to the effect of he can't do anything right, even breathe. Also that his main purpose now is to just be there for the kids, he said nothing about being there for Kate.

I think Kate was out to get the sympathy vote and honestly I just couldn't give it to her. She did admit to her not so nice behavior to Jon during previous seasons.

Again, my heart goes out to the kids.

• paula_pa
    14 years ago

Well Jon sure is heck isn't going to go out and support his family. He can barely hold down a job - heck, it looks like reality TV was just the next job he couldn't hold onto.

They would be struggling financially if not for Kate and the show, the books, the speaking engagements. Kate is hellbent on getting all that she can get financially because she knows they will be replaced by some other large family soon enough (Octo-Mom maybe?) Maybe she doesn't need to be doing all that but I can understand where she is coming from.

Now Jon is taking the fame, money and improved looks that Kate worked for and he's moving on. I hope he realizes without all of that no woman would look twice at him.

• susan_on
    14 years ago

I have a different opinion. Jon hasn't ever followed through with anything on his own. Apparently, he quit some jobs before they had this TLC and TLC related income, without any good reasons. At one point he said that he would be happy if he could go to school, and then he started but didn't finish. Then he resented Kate earning so much more money and getting more publicity by doing speaking engagements, so Kate rearranged her presentations to include him, and then he decided he didn't like it any more. She has said that she's afraid that if she gave it all up for him, that he would decide that wouldn't make him happy after all, and then she will have lost her financial security.

He also made a comment about being so young when he had all those kids- it came across whiny to me. And he acts like he is not caught up in all the limelight, but he sure enjoys the rewards of it, judging by his taste in vehicles (which he couldn't afford without all of this).

I don't really blame Kate for securing a financial future for her family, as long as there is a market for it, and her kids emotional needs are met. It is sure a lot better than Octomom's mooching and abuse of social assistance. And Kate does come across as demanding to me at times too, but if I was in the situation where I had to keep motivating my husband after caring for eight kids, I would be pretty cranky too.

• susan_on
    14 years ago

Paula's post came up while I was typing. She expressed herself better than I did, I agree with her 100%.

• zeetera
    14 years ago

I watched it and ended up crying, but it was when the little boy went up to Kate and thanked her for the party. They have the sweetest children.

I actually watched it twice and the first time I had missed the intro. So I went the whole show thinking that he had stepped out on her and that's why it was awkward to watch.

But he had actually confessed at the beginning that he had never cheated on Kate. So his angst seemed to be that he no longer wanted to do the show and to me it seemed as if this was his 'excuse' for his behaviour. He wants out of the lime light to do what he needs to do. Did you notice how they were sitting together on the couch, facing away from each other? That was so sad to watch.

I do admire her for all that she does and she is one strong woman. And I do believe her when she says that it's all for her kids. After watching earlier episodes of them moving into their bigger house, I could see her point of the space allowing them to spread out and even have their own private time away from others.

So now she's not so quick to shun her fans and they're now her strength. And I can't help but think that even though they are experiencing a lot of negative publicity, it will probably help them now because it did seem like they were on their way out as a popular show.

I truly wish that family the best and hope that Jon keeps his word and doesn't stay away from his children, no matter what they decide to do.

• magic_arizona
    14 years ago

I agree with Paula too.

It is interesting how quick people are to blame Kate for all of their problems. I don't think the criticism would be the same for Jon if the situation were reversed.

The very last thing I would do if I were Kate is to give up my financial stability especially now when she is not even sure Jon will be around much longer. And even if he was, he obviously is to immature to support them.

Kate is not perfect by any means but she is strong and has taken an opportunity to support herself and her family and run with it. Kudos to her.

• jel48
    14 years ago

I watched some of it.. the middle. I missed the first part and dozed off and missed 10 minutes or so towards the end. It all seemed very very sad to me. There are probably problems on both parts. It (marrital problems) is difficult even for those who are not in the public eye. I feel very sad for them all.

• majaco
    14 years ago

I watched. I knew that Jon quit his job 2 years ago. Why??? What do they do for insurance with 8 kids??
    I always thought Kate talked down to Jon but seeing this new show and him driving his sporty little car,I am wondering if Jon needs to grow up!! He needed a week end to get away? In the early episodes it shows Kate doing laundry and she told how many loads she does a day,cooking meals and cleaning.What she did while the kids were napping.Her get away was going to get her hair done.She told how often she did that. I sure didn't envy her.
    Kate sure was pissed.I am thinking maybe she belives (girlfriends brother)that Jon did cheat.He looked down when he said he didn't cheat.
    There is so much we don't see or know but I am beginning to see Kate's side now.

• LorifromUtah
    14 years ago

I watched for the first time, an episode of Jon and Kate this past weekend so I an not familiar with the dynamics.
    The family bought a side of organic beef at an Amish farm.
    Is this from last season?
    Again, I don't know anything of the circumstances (and will google later on) but Kate had help feeding the children and putting them down for a nap.

Does Kate have a blog?

If someone has time, please. Fill me in.
    I know I can find it on google but I like hearing real people's perspective.

lori

• ilovechocolate
    14 years ago

Entertainment tonight has a blip on them last night and mentioned this couple earns $75,000 PER episode, plus all the book royalties, and other things. They make out VERY well. They also mentioned the house they live in now is worth 1.5 million.

I did take note of the car Jon drives and all the help Kate has so I don't want to hear anymore WaaaaaWaaaaWaaa from her. She's lucky to have people who even want to be around 8 little ones at once, IMO.

I'm a newbie to this show and think Kate really talks down to Jon. This marriage doesn't seem to be give and take as it should be.

I read an on-line article about Jodie who was fired from the show because the show offered her money and Kate didn't like that, so she fired her. Hummm, as much as Jodie babysat for those kids, I'd say she deserves to be paid. I think Kate didn't want anyone to "steal her thunder". Now, Jodie is bashing the show saying how some of what goes on in the show is coaxed by the producers like the X-mas Caroling and making cookies for the neighbors which is something this family would never do.

• mysecretlife
    14 years ago

It would be really hard to pick any side but the side for the children. We are just getting part of the picture and it is probably slanted by the producers to get ratings, much as Survivor or any other reality programs are. Then you throw in all the "stuff" in the tabloids and TV entertainment news programs. It would be hard to say what has really happened.

It is a very sad situation. I hope it works out in a way that is best for the children.

• paula_pa
    14 years ago

Lori, That was an old episode. The farm they bought the beef from is not far from where I live.

• dotmom
    14 years ago

As usual it takes two......He should grow a backbone, and grow up , but after being talked down to and bossed around like he was one of the kids, it's possible he got fed up. Kate is very bossy and demanding, which I an understand, with her trying to keep things under control with 8 kids, but she should be able to be more respectful to her husband. Did any one notice, last night, at the end of the party and they were having a family picture taken and she told Jon to sit on the end, then told him to take off his sunglasses.
    I read in the paper the other day that Kate has fired a LOT of nannies in a short time. One because she washed her hands in the kitchen sink and not in the bathroom. I have my doubts of this marraige lasting, which would be too bad, especially for the kids. Dottie

• monica_pa Grieves
    14 years ago

I had always thought Jon had taken care of the kids more than she did

Hah....they've had nannies all long. The wife is reported, in local papers, to be a real control freak. they've gone through dozens of nannies...who either quit or she fires them in a temper tantrum.

• lucinda_grow
    14 years ago

Kate is a witch and imho anybody living in the same house as her is abused. i saw a clip where she took credit for everything in their life. hmmm...did she get pregnant by herself also?

• sue_va
    14 years ago

I have watched all of the series.

There is so much we don't know about what "goes on behind closed doors." I expect we have all watched marriages among our friends/families fall apart, and never know it all.

Without a doubt Kate is demanding; she admits to be the control freak. Jon is still not grown up, and now may never be.

I will say this as far as the way the children have been raised up to this point, I think it has all been good. They are well disciplined. Some parents can't even discipline one child, imagine trying it with 8.

To me the saddest part of the whole show last night was when one of the little girls went to Jon and they were talking. Jon reached over to kiss her, and then put his head down on her shoulder and held her like didn't want to let her go. I imagine he had tears in his eyes. I hope that minute helped him to realize what this is all about.

I would be great if Jon and Kate could each realize their shortcomings and again find the love that brought them together. It could happen.

Sue

• catlady15
    14 years ago

Well this show hits a sore spot for me.Some may not agree with me,but I can not stand Mattie.She gets her way and Kate just saids Mattie is having a melt down.Please.Mattie is so mean to the other children.For as the show I have stop watching it.It makes me so upset my blood boils.Some saids all this new stuff that came out about them is to get higher ratings.They said that people will watch it just to see all this about who is cheating with who.The kids should not be done this way.I may be the only one that thinks this about Mattie,but this is my thought.

• sooey
    14 years ago

The show has turned into 'Jon & Kate, Forget the 8'.

I don't think I like these two people very much. Jon is a dope with no back bone who is more than willing to take a back seat to his wife. Kate is a shrill, bossy control freak who is very taken with herself. And frankly, I don't really care if the marriage does break up. They each have made choices that have put the marrage at risk. Now, they each have to live with those choices. Can any of us be surprised that this is the outcome?

I watched last night. They both looked miserable, unhappy, sad and angry. It seems that neither of them thought this through very well. These are not people I care to watch. Sorry.

sooey

• deemarie5500
    14 years ago

Let's not forget that we are watching what the producers allow us to see!

It would not surprise me if we get to experience their issues and then the resolution of those issues...all in one, ratings-grabbing season!

• susan_on
    14 years ago

Jon doesn't just have no backbone. It's worse than that. He has absolutely no ambition or ability to follow through with anything. And I believe it's just the way he is, and it's not due to Kate being "controlling" or anything. If they had to depend on Jon to support the family, they'd all starve to death.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

"I think the papparazi needs to leave them alone. That surely does not help their situation."

They knew full well what they were getting into. I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them, but I do feel badly for the kids.
    They're both idiots.

• patti43
    14 years ago

Why did they have to keep interrupting the show for those boring interviews with Kate and/or Jon? Who cares? I just like to see the kids and how they can cope with so many at one time. Those little ones sure are getting big. But when they were talking about their birthday, one of them said, "I'm going to be this many" and held up fingers. Isn't 5 a little old to be doing that?

I did get some wicked pleasure when Jon was getting ready to scatter the pinata candy and Kate wanted it. He said, "I want to do it. You can do the next one." Ahh, placating the child.

• ruthieg__tx
    14 years ago

I have no sympathy for either of them as mrsmary said. Kate deserves anything he gives her and vice versa...If anyone talked to me the way she talkes to him...I would put them in their place right off the bat.

• mcmann
    14 years ago

Lori - There's a very informative web site/blog called Gosselins Without Pity that does a pretty good job of filling in the blanks. The person who started the site gives a descriptive synopsis of each episode after it airs and then individuals can post their own opinions. It also has links to current newspaper and magazine articles on the family.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gosselins Without Pity

• lilliepad
    14 years ago

My Mommie always told me it takes "two to tango" and John and Kate are no different that anyone else,just that they are in the spotlight 24/7.I don't think we can blame one or the other,mainly because we don't know either one of them personally.The producers of the show know what makes ratings and $$$$$.Yes,Kate comes off as demanding and self centered and John looks like a whipped puppy,but he can be self centered and obnoxious sometimes too.LOL Don't you think the producers know which shots to embellish and which ones to take out? Everyone is asking why they are dwelling on John and Kate and not the kids?......RATINGS! Do any of us REALLY think what we see is all there is to their lives? Not me!LOL Even the SIL is saying what we are seeing is not the whole story.I see her faults and his and just like any other family they have their problems.Try having 8 kids under the age of 8(?) and see how we handle it! LOL From what I saw today on the interview,they are handling it in their own way and doing what is best for their kids,hopefully the same thing any one of us would do in the same circumstances.

• Toni S
    14 years ago

Kate needs to LOVE Jon and quit demanding him to do things all the time. She could ask in other ways.
    Jon needs to give Kate the pat on the back she is looking for and get in there and do things without being told too. Sometimes he needs to stand up to Kate if he does something a little different and she's getting all controlling. They have lost any adult respect for each other.
    I think Kate is so crazy mad at Jon that she can't see past her hair. She is an amazing caretaker but taking care of her husband should be up there with the kids, as it should be for Jon towards Kate.

I think they could compromise with One show a month or four in a year. What ever it takes to get Jon to be with his kids full time (not in his own apt). Jon really hates the cameras and Kate is using them for all they can get. They need to compromise.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

I have to ask. Has anyone else noticed the top back part of Kate's hair. It almost looks like it has been teased and not combed down enough. I didn't think anyone teased their hair anymore. Do they?

Sue

• kathleen44
    14 years ago

Well, I sorta watched as I was trying to tape it last night but seems that they don't always have the timing right, it was 10 minutes past the hour before it started and I had preprogrammed it so missed the beginning and the ending. So, tonight its on again and taping it again.

I did see a tiny bit where Jon looks so uncomfortable and unhappy.
    Kate is we are going on no matter what and she doesn't care.

Yes, in the book she said she will do what it takes to get the best for her kids.

Any mom would want the best for her kids.

Only she does go for it no matter what anyone else thinks of.

I did see another show of where jon and cara is it? That likes to go skiing, the two of them both went back to Utah and I was thinking how relaxed Jon was looking and speaking and smiling and really enjoying himself out there with his daughter who loves the same thing as he does. They had a ball doing the things they did. And then it showed them going out for dinner at end of day and so nice it was and peaceful. No one shouting or yelling or making it harrassed.

The birthday party sounds like the tiny bit I was watching on tv that it wasn't good. The parents tried their best but it wasn't working between them.

I also watched a bit where they had their two puppies and Kate went off once more to her book signing,etc. and Jon came to stay at the house and care for the kids and again its all very relaxed. He was giving them lunch and they were nice and quiet and no yelling or shouting, nothing.
    And he had a very busy day with drop offs and pick ups for the sextuplets and then the twins at bus stop and then the one puppy at the vet that age a toy and needed surgery.

Yes, the kids are very well behaved.

Then I saw where Kate took the kids while jon and cara were off in Utah take them all to this sesame street show.
    She did nothing about how far away it was to go there and they arrived in the dark, the kids all fell asleep as it was a 3 hour trip. And then she grabbed them and stood them up and Hannah fell apart and screamed. And Kate is going as her usual saying that is kids. Then they saw the show and characters which was arranged. Then she went on about the 3 hour trip back home. She has to do it herself now that Jon is doing his thing. He always did those long drives to see whatever.

Why can't she just enjoy them at home? Good grief they bought this huge house and property.

And they got two puppies.

Go outside which oh, no, Kate won't do, she has said from day one she doesn't like it outside.

Can't even go out and play with the kids with their huge playground equipment which I found out that Jon's dad bought before he died for the twins, he only bought the one part and arm for swing to go on. And they added on.

I have never see her go outside and enjoy it with them.

Or to playgrounds,etc.

She always must go far away with the kids.

They must be so tired of that.

Jon was only 21 years old he was very young and marrying an older woman like Kate who tells him what to do and so forth. I can see the pressures getting to him with all the kids they have and her telling him what he has to be and do and the yelling and stuch that goes on in his life constantly. And she won't do any outside stuff that he loves to do.

When he said that their daughter was asking when they were going to go back to Utah, he was tickled pink that someone loves doing what he loved doing. He had to give up all that for Kate because she wouldn't go.

She only went because they took all the kids that one time and she went on and on and made it perfectly clear that she doesn't like the outside at all.

I couldn't believe when I saw a picture of them updated on their website how grown up they all are.

I feel for those kids are they really are nice kids, they have gone through so much having a mom like they do.

• paula_pa
    14 years ago

"they have gone through so much having a mom like they do"

And what would their lives have been without Kate in charge? I just read yesterday where Jon's original employer came out and said he fired Jon for misusing resources - not because they didn't want to have all those kids on their health insurance which has always been the rumor.

Sure, Jon is more relaxed. Kate is doing all the planning and work (even if that means hiring and directing someone else to do it.)

So he doesn't do the books or book signings or speaking engagements. That means without Kate doing those things they wouldn't get that income. He doesn't want to do the show anymore so that would mean no more income there and no more freebies. The money they made already will only go so far as the celebrities they've become (legal fees, business fees, security,etc), plus the usual costs of raising 8 kids. Sure it seems like a lot of money to us but after taxes and expenses, I don't think they have enough to live off of for the rest of their lives, especially if they divorce.

So just what does Jon want? What would his plan be to support his family at this stage of the game?

• Rudebekia
    14 years ago

I think the handwriting is on the wall for this show. The reality behind this "reality show" is getting exposed everywhere, it seems. I just saw Kate's brother and sister in law--the Aunt Jodi from the early episodes--on the Today show this morning. They talked about how, in their opinion, the kids are being completely exploited and nothing they say to Jon and Kate will stop them from insisting on doing it. They also revealed that the whole Hawaiian renewal of vows a number of months back was simply a publicity stunt. Sad, but predictable outcome.

• gadgets
    14 years ago

If you want to watch the interview with Kevin and Jodi, it's online.

Shirley

Here is a link that might be useful: Kevin/Jodi interview

• irishdancersgram
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just this morning I was flipping channels and once again, there they were....It was Christmas morning, 2008, and the 2 of them looked so happy....They were in the kitchen, she smiled and remarked, I'm wearing red and he's wearing green and then he put his arms around her and gave her a big hug....It's really sad to see the older shows...You would think even TLC or whatever the TV station is, would suggest they get some help.....But it does keep us watching, darn!

• magic_arizona
    14 years ago

I think the slimiest aspect of this whole thing is kates brother and SIL Jody going on this whole media campaign to discredit his own sister. What a puke!
    What exactly do they get out of it? Seems like they are no better, or even worse, than what they are accusing Jon and Kate of doing.

Yeah, everybody should have a loving sibling like that.

• dotmom
    14 years ago

I sincerely believe the TLC network doesn't give a rip about these people, their problems or their marriage, It is all about the ratings. Dottie

• susan_on
    14 years ago

Well, I find it interesting that previously, this brother and SIL were miffed that they couldn't get a "cut" of the Jon and Kate media animal, but now they are decrying the whole thing as exploitive. I also don't buy that they want to heal the rift between them and Jon and Kate, because criticizing them on national TV isn't exactly the way to do it. They have an agenda, for sure.

• Lily316
    14 years ago

Since they live near me I have been in on day one when they gave birth at Hershey Med. That week Kate who looked much different then with short brown hair, no make up, and a frumpy body said she needed a car when they all go out as a family. I thought..so buy one and don't ask for donations. She whined and whined in every interview about the expense and all the problems. She got volunteers and treated them like crap...never speaking to them and resenting their intrusion in her house. She left post -its everywhere and fired a nanny for washing her hands in the kitchen sink. Jon was very young when they married but has really helped her despite all the screaming at him by her. They lived in a modest house and needed to move so they did. And now they live in a McMansion on many acres.Third move in three years. She screams about the paparazzi but SHE asked for it. If she had not agreed to exploit her kids, she would not cause a single person to photograph her. Jon has hair plugs, Kate has teeth work including whitening, a tummy tuck, breast work ,her hair do which is the ugliest one I ever saw but she claims people every where want to know who does it, and free dental, haircuts, doctors visits, ski vacations renewal of marriage vows in Hawaii, appearance on Martha Stewart and all the shows..Limos picking then up to go to parks , Disney..and YET this is not enough. She writes w/ a ghost writer THREE books and goes on tours letting Jon take the kids. Why? If you want your picture taken with Kate it will cost you $75. Imagine. They canceled a conference here last week because no one wanted to pay the $45 ticket price.Her whole family is estranged from her..even her brother and SIL who helped a lot . When TLC wanted to reimburse them Kate screamed that only she would be paid. Mady takes right after Kate in personality and when the little ones aren't cute anymore but sullen 8 year old like the twins , Kate's glory days will be gone. I cannot stand her and sympathize totally with Jon.They get up to $75,000 an episode and have 40 a year. She thinks she's celebrity.

• lilliepad
    14 years ago

"Jon was only 21 years old he was very young and marrying an older woman like Kate who tells him what to do and so forth."
    Just for the record,and not that it has anything to do with anything,Jon is 31 and Kate is 33! "Older" woman??? LOL And I have a feeling that Jon knew how she was when he married her.They both have admitted that she is a control freak and borders on COPD.LOL
    Paula & Dotmom-Exactly!
    OK,I have said all I am going to on this subject.I have better things to do that pick apart the lives of someone I don't even know.LOL I just wish them all well and hope they can straighten out whatever problems they might have for the sake of their kids.
    Magic and Susan-I agree.I think there's something wrong with the picture.Definitely a lot we aren't seeing.And I think the estrangement from the other family members started way before the TV show.

• Rudebekia
    14 years ago

Well, Jodi and Kevin say they are doing it for the children who are being exploited. While I wouldn't be surprised if there was self-interest in their motivation, I have to agree that those poor children are being exploited, with cameras in the house continually, even set up in the bedrooms and (at times) taking pictures of the kids naked. These images will always be out there somewhere. What does this do to the psyche of a child now and when they grow up? Former child star Paul Peterson (the Donna Reed show) is now a child star advocate, having endured years of substance abuse as a result of such exploitation, and he's saying essentially the same thing as Jodi and Kevin. Still, I agree that the whole issue is a total mess. Given the backlash, TLC should drop the show. (Incidently, after she was in the news almost continually for a few months, what's become of Octomom?)

• trinitytx
    14 years ago

i watched the show Monday night, but after reading everyone's comments, I watched it again last nite to see if I was off on my thinking. At first, I was almost sure that most of the new season show was nothing more than media hype. But after seeing it again last night, and now all the talk shows are having them on, I am not sure.
    I know a marriage can crumble very quickly, and I hope this is not one of them, but may very well be.
    This is so typical of our youth marriages today, and being under a microscope only worsens it.
    I hope they make it. May be too late.

Trin

• Marcia Thornley
    14 years ago

I used to love this show. And I always thought they really loved each other, even if Kate was domineering and Jon was a bit of a child. But just how much money do they need? Surely with what they've made from the show and the books and speaking engagements, they could take time off to try and heal their marriage! What we're seeing now is to me only greed. No one is thinking of the children now. Sad.
    I've watched my last episode of this so called reality show.

• zeetera
    14 years ago

Magic, that's exactly what I thought.

• boxiebabe
    14 years ago

We only see what the media wants us to see.
    I feel horrible for the entire family.
    We all make choices, sometimes not good ones, but still - it's a very sad situation indeed.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County