SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Newly Inherited Lamp: Age? Type? Shade Suggestions? Help!

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

I was in Florida last week, packing up and moving my parents out of their Winter home there, and found this lamp stored out in their shed. It's been in our family forever. Mom believes it belonged to her grandparents or great grandparents and is over 100 years old. Since Mom is 82 y/o, that sounds about right. Well, they passed it on to me and I'd love to find out more information about this kind of lamp.

Anybody here have an idea of how old it might be or where it came from? Those particular great-grandparents came from Germany. It might have come with them, but I don't know for sure. The metal is heavy and looks to be brass or ?. The marble is real and quite heavy. The design on the stem portion is enameled, I believe. Mom told me that her father rewired it in the late-70's, so the cord and socket are not original.

I'd also appreciate any suggestions for a new shade type, shape, material, size. I'll have to get a harp for it, too.

Below are some pics I took of it this morning, including one of the only possible makers marks on it,.
Thanks for any info or suggestions!
Lynn

The lamp is approx. 20" to the socket. The harp is missing and will be replaced when I decide what kind of shade to buy for it.

There are only 2 possible makers marks on it, both on the underside of it's base:

The base itself is so pretty:

The enameled design on the stem portion:

Metal detail above it:

Comments (18)