SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beadle_gw

Trash cans, cabinets, and hungry dogs

beadle
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking here for a while after a long time off from GW (Since the Direct Buy wars of yore). I have been impressed with the detail and research in everyone's helpful posts. Can I say I love you guys already?

I would like to know your favorite solution for hiding the simple kitchen trash can and still having access to it when prepping, etc., especially if you are an owner of food-seeking dogs.

The normal under the sink size won't work, and I don't have a pantry-- My kitchen trash can is currently a medium size with a step on lid, on the floor. It isn't big enough for everything, and half the time we end up using just a trash bag for a back up. We got that can to foil one of our sneaky canine companions,but she broke the code.This wily dog can open any type of trash can.

We now have a half door on one side of the room and a door on the other to keep the dogs out of the kitchen.

For the remodel, we will lose those two interior doors. We need to make the trash can disappear into a stronghold that is still easily accessible when cooking so the dogs can access the kitchen deck.

My kitchen is in a 1921 bungalow, and we will be starting with a clean slate. I am getting my complete drawings, etc. together to submit, but thought I would start with this.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz