SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpe5

Blue Granite Pebble Sheen Looks VERY Green

jpe5
11 years ago

I just had a new pool built and it was just filled yesterday. After looking at Aqua Blue and Blue Granite pebble sheen pools that were built by my pool builder I chose blue granite pebble sheen. When I saw the blue granite pebble sheen pool, the first thing I said was "oh, that is really pretty". Now when I see mine, the first thing I say is "oh that is really ugly and I wonder how much it costs to change it". I realize the water was just filled yesterday and it has no chemicals in it yet. I'm not sure when they are coming to add chemicals.

I've seen pictures on this forum of blue granite pebble sheen before chemicals were added and none of them looked as green as mine. My pool builder said all the colors will look green when they are first filled until the chemicals get added and balanced and it filters for a while. But then he added, the blue granite can throw a green color. I didn't want any green in my pool at all.

Also, from a distance (from inside the house) the water looks dark and black and just reflects the stone wall. I don't think that will change with chemicals. Very disappointing.

Anyone have any thoughts? How long will it take for the color to get blue? How long do they have to wait to add chemicals? I saw another posting on this site where the pool stayed green even after adding chemicals.

Does blue granite pebble sheen look black or very dark from a distance?

I keep thinking I should have chosen the aqua blue, but when I saw the aqua blue I kept thinking it looked like someone added blue dye to the pool and it looked like a blue snow cone.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!