SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgranara

Some progress, finally

dgranara
11 years ago

Hello everyone! Some of you might remember my post about buying a new house back in January. We've finally started to do some work on the new place. We started with the mudroom, mostly because it's small and manageable and also, it's the first thing you see when you walk in to the house. I really wanted the mudroom to look cozy and not totally utilitarian, if that makes sense. It's really tough to get a good shot of this room, as it's not very big. I'll have to take more pics with my camera (I used my cell in my haste to get some "after" shots). Okay, I know this isn't a very big transformation and the pics stink, but it's kind of a big deal to us as this is the first significant change we've made to our new house and I'm staring to feel like it's actually ours, kwim?

The ghosts of owners past loom large in this house - it was owned by the same family for generations and they did very little in the way of updating - it was immaculately cared for, just not updated. Anyway, we replaced the tile, tore down the wallpaper and painted the walls and all the trim, added some bead board and this is where we're at:

Before:

After:

I'd still like to add a few finishing touches. Is it weird to hang drapes in a mudroom? There are two windows in the room and like I said, I want it to feel cozy, in keeping with what I have planned for the rest of the house BUT the room is nice and bright right now and I don't want to do anything to change that!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations